Thursday, June 2, 2011

Break from blogging but not creating!

Hello! I have been very lacking on my blog entries but I have been working on plenty of mini things. I have nearly completed a half scale (1/2"=1ft) house that is based on a Sears&Roebuck kit real life "kit" house from yesteryear. I started this because my Littles dolls from my childhood needed a home. I have nearly all of the dolls and furniture from the early 80s. Anyway, I built this basically from a plan out of an old dollhouse magazine (Nutshell News, 1990). The shell is foamcore and all trim is done with craft sticks. The roof shingles are very coarse sandpaper. I still need to finish the lawn and some front shingling but then my Littles can move in!

I also put together an old porch kit and painted it to match my living room. I needed some minis where I can enjoy them daily. (Lilac Hill is to large and heavy to move upstairs so it has to live down in my craft room.) I am still adding to the porch decor and plan to add window treatments. There is also a crabby old man doll in the works to sit in the porch rocker. My hubs has named him Orville. Great name!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A gift made by my friend, Cassie!

A gift made by my friend, Cassie!

The burlap rug

The burlap rug